Industry Roundtable: What does sustainability concretely mean in the daily work of architects and engineers?
9 October 2018, 17:30 to 19:15, at the Swisstech Convention Center, room 4C.
Increased focus on sustainable development by the society at large has imposed a number of constraints on business, in terms of environmental, social and economic impacts. These constraints may represent new opportunities for innovative enterprises. How do engineers and architects contribute to the creation of new products and services which are more environmentally-friendly and based on fair trade principles while still remaining economically viable? By sharing both their achievements and their frustrations, Alumni working in a wide range of sectors will divulge how they integrate these concerns on a day-to-day basis. Presentations and panel discussion in English.
– Mrs Olivia Grebler, Sustainable Restaurant Certification Programs Expert at Ecocook®
– Mrs Amélie Orthlieb, Environmental Sustainability Specialist, at Nespresso
– Mrs Julia Beyer, Co-founder & President at thefairtraveller
– Mr. Xun Liao, Sustainability Consultant, at Quantis
Industry Round Table: Graduate Training Programs
6 December 2018, 17 :30-19:15, Auditorium CO3
In order to realize your career plans, you have the possibility of applying for a “Graduate Training Program” offered by an increasing number of companies, in particular by large corporations. These programs allow you to gain an insider view of how the enterprises function, and the way they do business in their respective fields. Thanks to the modular structure of most of these programs, you will rotate through different areas of activity during and after the program in order to evolve professionally based on your personal objectives.
A large number of Alumni have started their careers in this fashion, and will be happy to share their experiences with you: discover the wide range of rich and varied graduate training programs available today. Presentations and discussion will be in French.
– Mrs Aurélie Flandi, Production Manager at ROLEX
– Mr. Alessandro Fichera, Engineering Project Manager at Meggitt
– Mrs Julia Braun, Swiss Explorer Trainee at ABB
– Mr. Jonas Schneider, Production Assistant at Nestlé